Wednesday, July 1, 2009

120 hours

That's how long I was in SF. It was exactly what I needed. It seems like when I have days off I spend them doing laundry and running errands- welcome to the world of 12 hours shifts when you can't get things done during business hours. So leaving town meant no doing laundry or running errands. I was truly taking a break.

The weather was gorgeous. Not the typical cold, foggy summer days. I think it was probably around 70 most of the time I was there during the days and bright, sunny, blue skies. No fog. One of my friends told me I need to visit more often because each time I've returned the weather has been nice. Even if it were foggy the whole time, though, I'm sure I'd still love my time out there.

Day 1:
-Made friends with the people sitting on my row (both sides of the aisle) who were all going to SF for the first time. I told them all of my recommendations of what to do, see, and eat.
-John picked me up from the airport and we had lunch at Waterbar. He took a photo of me with the Bay Bridge in the background and posted it immediately on Facebook, meaning that my presence in the city was no longer a surprise.
-My favorite hair stylist updated my cut. I've gotten lots of comments since. She's amazing and I have a lot of fun hanging out with her in the salon.
-Kicked it at the old homestead with Damon, Kathryn, Julia, Sarah, Shari, and JD. Then we went to get Indian food.
-Went to Kathy's to spend the night at her place. Caught up before we hit the sack.

Day 2:
-Tried to sleep in, but that was wishful thinking.
-Went for a run along one of my favorite running club routes.
-Raul called, wondering if I was still in town. He was planning on hiking, so I tagged along. We took off up highway 1 and hiked in Pt. Reyes. I love that drive and that countryside. One of my favorite places in the world.
-Back in the city, I roamed Union St and met up with Julia for a snack at a cafe on her work break.
-Met up with Kathy, Jeremiah, and a few of his friends for Burmese food at a hole-in-the-wall Yamo. Good stuff. Then we went down the street for ice cream at Bi-Rite Creamery. I was full enough already from Yamo's but I just couldn't pass up one of the best ice cream places in the city.
-Crashed at Kathy's for the night.

Day 3:
-Met up with Denny at his place. Hung out there for a little while and then had brunch at Zazie's.
-Shopped on Haight St for something fun to wear to the party I was invited to that night.
-Kicked it around the old apartment for a little while.
-Jackie, Sarah, and I ate Ethiopian at Axum. I ate too much, but I really miss that place so I stocked up while I could.
-Then we mingled with the high fashion men and women of the city at Sui Generis for JD's launch party. Met some really fun people.
-Sarah and I went out with some of the guys from the party to Vessel and attempted to dance in the too-packed club.
-Stayed up mostly all night.

Day 4:
-Breakfast with Lauren at Zazie's. I know- it wasn't my idea to eat there twice, but it is that good. And of course, I didn't order the same thing.
-Tried to take a nap to recover from the night before, but that didn't happen.
-Took my time getting to the chapel in the Presidio for CG and Micah's wedding. It's one of my favorite areas of the city.
-Had a blast at their reception.
-Girl's night in with Sarah and Julia at the old apartment.

Day 5:
-Ran in Golden Gate Park- one of my regular routes.
-Breakfast at Kate's with Donna and Robert. Then we took the dogs for a walk around Dolores Park.
-Split my morning between Dolores Park Church, listening to Julia play with the worship team, and Cornerstone.
-Ate lunch at the Pork Store with the Cornerstone crew.
-Met Julia for her work break and sat on a bench people watching in the Marina.
-Shopped on Fillmore St. for a little while.
-Hung out at the apartment most of the night, even though I wanted to go out. Everyone else was content to stay in.

Day 6:
-Breakfast at Crepevine with Rebekah and Rachael. Talking it up about what's going on at UCSF these days. I miss that hospital and the girls I interned with!
-Kitchen conversation with Julia before I left town.
-Took BART to SFO. Good bye for now, SF!

No comments: