To top it off, my GI tract decided that it was time I experience what many people deal with on a regular basis- discomfort, cramping, and impending need for a bathroom sooner rather than later. It's disconcerting to say the least. It makes it so that you can't run well not so much because of the discomfort but the thought that you might not make it to the bathroom.
All in all, I still ran a faster race than in November, even though my goal was to come in under 2 hours which was the same goal as last race. The difference is that I was running with a friend who kept a bit slower pace in the November race and I felt really good throughout the course. Yesterday I may have kept a bit faster pace, but it didn't feel good for at least 11 out of 13.1 miles.
It's amazing how much the body can accomplish. And even more how much the mind can accomplish. When they're not working in sync, however, it can be a problem. I learned a lot about myself yesterday. I'm really glad I did it, training or not. I'm also really glad that we decided to go to Ria's for brunch afterwards and I allowed myself to attempt a Sunday afternoon nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment